Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The New ESP

It appears to be common practice to google oneself. I've never done it. I'm kind of tense about it.

Take your pick. Hurt your pride or compromise your integrity as you span feedback ranging from brutal insults to glowing praise. Everyone's doing it. If you don't do it, you won't be able to defend yourself. And it'll be your fault if you can't take advantage. And if you don't, we're paying a little visit your house. Do you have fire insurance?

I have a visual imagination. Not braggin, just sayin. The parodies of any drawings of mine are already as bad as I can make them. I don't need to know if there are any better ones. And my head's an easy target, too, when I look in the mirror. (Do they make mirrors so they reflect a softer image back to you? My mirror's kinder to me than my camera.) It's always nice to hear compliments, but what if they started going to my head? I'm only human.

That's why we can't read each other's thoughts, I guess. It's only fair. (I have ESP, by the way.)

So I'll continue on this way for another little while if they'll let me. And stucco is fireproof.

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments: