Monday, May 10, 2010

In the Year 2010

One of my major psychotic hatreds [RIP George Carlin - that stands for 'rack in pain'] is consumerism. I have a difficult time with people who gobble up new trends too eagerly. Sorry, but a lot of these trends are fuckin stupid, and that's not all that's wrong with them. They originate, in the year 2010, from a vast, soulless, monolithic, corporate entity which would sooner control you than please you. In the year 2010, every time you support a new trend, you're just encouraging a bunch of corrupt businessmen to continue monopolizing the media. I wouldn't mind it so much if these tycoons had some taste, but the difference between indie music and corporate crap speaks for itself.

Now I wouldn't say a little exposure to current trends would be harmful. It's fine to use these impediments of art and freedom as a common frame of reference with others from your generation. Just don't kid yourself that your cool tunes are any sort of popular expression. They could have started with an artist but they got to you by way of a mathematician's ass. Hey there, four eyes! Why don't you point that giganticizer over this way for a change? I know. It's my acne, isn't it. Well I can't help that!

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments: