Monday, May 17, 2010

Cut It Out

I'm not sure why, but I find it irritating to see people taking shortcuts. Man, we are really too much. I've seen it too much. Fine people. They can't help themselves. Why take the main road like everyone else? Don't you get it? Because everyone else is taking a shortcut.

Bargain hunters, why pay more? Because then Wall-Mart won't rise up like Godzilla and devour us all. At least, that's why I would.

Maybe I am crazy. I don't look for shortcuts. I stumble on them accidentally. But I wouldn't want others to stop, painful as is it is. The economy is probably counting on them. There's probably a variable in the computer program for them. They can create employment. In the case of lazy shortcuts, I've often been paid to undo them.

But those manufacturing shortcuts can be a drag. And they upset me because you just know they're all about trying to shave a penny, with outsourced labour on top of it.

They seem to go hand in hand with our culture. There's an almost criminal thought pattern there. It may sound cynical, but the jails are full of people who looked for shortcuts to everything from their next fix to becoming independently wealthy. And there's a few more who got away with their shortcut. One of those sweet, legal shortcuts.

I feel better now. Time to head over to my friend's house. I think I'll cut across that neighbour's lawn. No, I won't. But it's such a pretty lawn. It's the kind of lawn that says, 'I don't like people cutting across me, but, in your case, I will make an exception.'

More Statements Scripts Songs

© 2010. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments: